DOWNTOWN WEST COMMUNITY CLEANUP RECYCLE EVENT - JUNE 11, 2017
Items Accepted / Services Offered
London Drugs will be accepting:
- Non food-related Styrofoam
- Plastic and cardboard packaging from our products
- Cell phones, PDA and rechargeable batteries
- Alkaline batteries
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot lengths
- Disposable cameras
- Inkjet cartridges
- Laser cartridges
- Metal film canisters
- Plastic bags
- Insurance plastic folders
eCycle Solutions will be accepting electronics and electrical equipment (TVs, VCRs, computers, monitors, printers, small appliances*, etc). Note: Large appliances are not accepted.
The Salvation Army will be accepting:
- Clothing: men’s, women’s and children’s shoes and clothing
- Soft goods: bedding, towels, area rugs, drapes, etc.
- Household Items: housewares, pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, cooking utensils, knife sets, can openers, vegetable peelers, tupperware, small working appliances, etc.
- Furniture: tables, chairs, desks, dressers, beds, sofas, side tables, etc.
Syrian Refugees Support Group – Bicycle Collection will be accepting:
Bicycles: men’s, women’s and children’s in need of light repair
Bike Accessories: helmets, baskets, saddlebags, locks, lights, reflectors, etc.
Cargo Trailers & Racks
City of Calgary will be accepting organic waste and large items that are at the end of their usable life and cannot be recycled (old mattresses, furniture, household items, etc.). Household scrap metal is also being accepted.
Items NOT accepted: tires, large appliances, household chemicals, propane tanks, car batteries, liquids, paint, railway ties. This event is for household items only. Large-scale drop-offs or commercial loads are not accepted.