Drop off your old items for disposal or recycling!
WHAT WILL BE ACCEPTED?
- Electronics: TVs, VCRs, printers, computers, monitors, etc.
- Cellphones, disposable cameras
- Small appliances
- CFL lightbulbs, fluorescent tubes <=4ft
- Alkaline, rechargeable batteries
- Inkjet, laser cartridges
- Plastic, styrofoam, cardboard packaging
- Scrap metal
- Furniture & household items (Salvation Army)
- Bicycles, helmets, bike accessories (Syrian Refugees Support Group)
- Organic waste (City of Calgary)
- Large, non-recyclable items at end of usable life (City of Calgary)
- Unused drugs / medical packaging (London Drugs)
- Sensitive documents for shredding
- Kids' carseats*
* There will be a $10 levy to recycle the seat if you live outside the Downtown West Community, otherwise the DWCA will pay the levy for the resident. Ideally all seats should be stripped of fabric/foam/straps before being dropped off, but we can also strip the seat and recycle that material as well.