West LRT November 2011 Status Report
Here are some highlights from the November 2011 Status Report (from east to west): Painting the elevated guideway is completed.
- Crews installed the pedestrian bridge span north of the Sunalta Station.
- The 24 Street S.W. pedestrian bridge is completed with work underway on the north and south accesses. The bridge is currently scheduled to open in late fall 2011.
- Track plinths and LRT rail construction continue in the two LRT tunnels.
- Crews are installing the acoustic sound control application within the LRT station.
- Crews began installing the glass covering in the steel arches and the retaining and station wall painting is completed at the 45 Street Station.
- Traffic was shifted from the 17 Avenue S.W. detour road onto the new 17 Avenue S.W. interchange bridge.
- Cooper roof installation began at the Sirocco Station