7th Avenue LRT Refurbishment Phase 2 Update
The following is a general overview of the upcoming activities planned for the week of September 27, 2011. Note that these activities may change depending on the site conditions and other variables encountered on the project.
>West of 11 Street and Intersection of 11 Street
Mewata Armoury; Science Centre
- No construction activities underway.
- Closure of 11 Street at 7 Avenue for end of October 2011.
>Block A - 7 Avenue between 11 Street and 10 Street
Kerby Centre; West End Apartments; West Pointe Plaza Condos; Total Skin Care Centre; Chartwell Technology; Mainstreet Equity; Darsi Enterprises
- Construction of Storm Sewer includes concrete encasement with use of concrete pump to place concrete. Compaction of sewer with use of large backhoe and plate tamper. Intermittent noise may be expected due to concrete pumping and compaction of sewer using backhoe and large plate tamper.
- Forming of Curbs and Gutters, track slab and bus slab.
- Grading of Avenue in advance of concrete slabs using various types of compaction equipment.
- Kerby Centre; completion of structural steel, installation of q-deck, preparations for slab on grade with use of compaction equipment to prepare sub grade, cast of concrete footings to canopy with use of concrete pump. Some noise and vibrations may be caused due to compaction.
>Block B - 7 Ave between 10 Street and 9 Street
Athabasca University; Plaza 1000, Altalink; SNC Lavalin Transmission and Distribution; Marvel College; Calgary Association of Self Help; International House Calgary; Impark Lot 19
- Hyro Vac at the North West corner, North east corner and South East corner.
- Breaking out of concrete using backhoe concrete breaker for duct bank at South East corner. Some noise and vibrations may be present.
- Installation of duct back and backfilling to duck bank trench using backhoe plate tamper.
>Block C - 7 Avenue between 9 Street and 8 Street
Pentland Place Apartments; Slate Properties, O’Neil Towers (Boardwalk Rental Properties); Garden Towers
- Breaking out of concrete for duct bank using backhoe breaker, excavation for duct bank and backfilling of duct bank using backhoe plate tamper. Some noise and vibrations may be present.
- Hydro Vac on North side of block, breaking our of concrete using backhoe breaker.
>10 Street between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue
- Paving and reinstating of 10 Street.
- Demobilizing and removal of construction material from 8 Avenue to 7 Avenue.
- Re-opening lane.
>Intersection of 10 Street and 7 Avenue:
- Re opening of the intersection in advance of the closure of 11 Street.