7TH Avenue LRT Refurbishment Phase 2 Weekly Update
The following is a general overview of the upcoming activities planned for the week of October 24, 2011. Note that these activities may change depending on the site conditions and other variables encountered on the project.
Intersection of 11 Street and 7 Avenue
Downtown West Calgary Association; Mewata Armoury; Science Centre
- East lane of 11 street closed to allow installation of catch basins. Excavation to be done using hydro-vac trucks, large backhoe and compaction using backhoe with plate tamper.
Intermittent noise and vibrations may be expected due to excavation and compaction using backhoe and large plate tamper.
- Pedestrian access across 7 Avenue at 11 Street via midblock crossing east of the intersection
- Full Closure of 11 Street at 7 Avenue October 26, 2011
- Completion of the installation of deep civil services (Storm, Sanitary) in 11 Street.
Intersection of 10 Street and 7 Avenue
- Grading of intersection using a bobcat.
- Installation of traffic signals using pole/bucket trucks.
- Paving to street and sidewalk in advance of opening of 10 Street.
- Re opening of the intersection October 26, 2011
Block A ,7 Ave Between 11 Street and 10 Street
Kerby Centre; Small Parking Lot; West End Apartments; West Pointe Plaza Condos, Provincial Parking Lot; Total Skin Care Centre; Chartwell Technology; Mainstreet Equity; Darsi Enterprises
- Construction of Storm Sewer includes concrete encasement with use of concrete pump to place concrete. Compaction of sewer with use of large backhoe and plate tamper.Intermittent noise and vibrations may be expected due to concrete pumping and compaction of sewer using backhoe and large plate tamper.
- Forming of Curbs and Gutters, track slab and bus slab.
- Placing of concrete using concrete pumps.
- Grading of Avenue in advance of concrete slabs using various types of compaction equipment.
Intermittent noise and vibrations may be expected due to compaction.
- Kerby Centre; completion of preparations for slab on grade with use of compaction equipment to prepare sub grade, casting of concrete footings to canopy with use of concrete pump.
Some noise and vibrations may be caused due to compaction, concrete pumping and hydro-vac.
Block B ,7 Ave Between 10 Street and 9 Street
Athabasca University; Plaza 1000 , Altalink; SNC Lavalin Transmission and Distribution; Marvel College; Calgary Association of Self Help; International House Calgary; Impark Lot 19
- Excavation using Hydro-vac truck for fire hydrant installation.
Intermittent noise may be expected due to excavation for fire hydrant using hydro vac truck.
Block C , 7 Ave Between 9 Street and 8 Street
Pentland Place Apartments; Slate Properties, O’Neil Towers; Garden Towers
- Hydro Vac on North side and South side of block for installation of duct bank, and OCS bases .
- Breaking out of concrete using backhoe with breaker tooth.
- Compaction of duct bank trench using backhoe and plate temper.
Intermittent noise and vibrations may be expected due to hydro vac and breaking out of concrete, and compaction.